Thursday, October 18, 2012

Being Proactive...and allsorts...

Dear friends and supporters: I have not written to you in a while now. The last few months have been very busy in organizing the Camp Splash program I am running for four primary schools in the Factreton/Kensington area. I realise that People buy People not products and services. Hence building and maintaining relationships is of utmost importance. I thank the Lord that over some time I have learnt to protect relationships and keep on trusting the Lord to provide for what He has called me to do. This weekend I am going on October Leadership camp at Rocklands in Simon’s Town. A camp for High School Christian Leaders. I am confident that the Lord will meet us as we journey together and seek what it means for us to be a Missional Community within a school environment. I am doing the final talk on Sunday morning commissioning our young brothers and sisters to Go out and make disciples in the communities they find themselves in. Next weekend I am leading a group of volunteers doing a camp for Factreton primary at Coaton Cottage in Bainskloof. We are looking forward once more to bond with the young grade 6’ers. The aim of the camp is for the young ones to enjoy being away from home in a temporary community and most importantly spend time with them introducing them or inviting them to have and build a relationship with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Please pray for us as a team as we venture out and build meaningful and lasting spiritual memories into the lives of these young people. Being proactive is the name of the game! I have been planning towards Holiday Clubs for 2013 already. The first one will be in Stompneusbaai on the West Coast. I am putting together a team of SU volunteers, Youth from Christ Church Constantia and the St. Philip’s youth. We embarking on a fact finding mission 30 November to 2nd December. Eight of us will be going down with two cars and spending a weekend within the community. We want to understand the physical needs of the community and also listen to a group of young people on what their vision and desires is for the community. We hope to leave Stompneusbaai with a plan after that weekend and put building blocks in place for April school holidays 2013. The other major mission I am involved is the Southern Cape. For the last two years I have lead a team of volunteers doing a Holiday Club in a little town called Karatara, about 21 kilometers outside of Sedgefield enroute to Knysna. This work has grown over the two years and a vision is developing to do another one in Sedgefield. So the plan is to do two clubs in the second and the third week of the June/July holidays in 2013. We have had brainstorming sessions and a solid planning meeting this last Tuesday. We are aiming to raise R60 000 to be able to run these two holiday clubs. To do that we are planning three fundraising events next year and will be recruiting people to donate R150 a month through the SU Account under the reference: Southern Cape Missions. So watch this space! A new chapter in my life: I have just been inducted as the Children’s and Youth Coordinat
or at my local church St. Philip’s in Kenwyn which is part of the St. John’s Parish of Wynberg. I will be building relationships with all the people involved in these ministries over the next few months. The main thing for me would be to find my rhythm and support as best I can. I am excited about building outreach children’s and youth ministries around the church and becoming visible in the life of the community surrounding the church. My girls are well and we are very excited for the Lord! We have seen Gods hand leading and providing for us. We are taking a few steps in faith as we settle into our church and trusting the Lord as we busy with buying our family home. Please pray for us that we move only when God say move, that we will continue to be able to hear and listen to Gods voice. Yours in His service, Sedrico Husselman Area Coordinator: Northern Suburbs Scripture Union, Western Cape Children's and Youth Worker St. Philip's, Kenwyn SUWC: +27 21 689 8331 St. Philips: +27 21 762 8772 Mobile: + 27 82 071 8598 sedrico@su.org.za www.su.org.za follow me on www.chapmanspeak.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment