Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Vetkoek!!! met mince ja...


Yesterday I started with a new blog post which gave me two responses via facebook. The one lady asked me if I had a resturant. No I dont...I am a keen blogger and am now wanting to compile a whole collection of South African Recipies. I have the Pens and Pootjies below. Today I give you VETKOEK! A wonderful bread like object that can be filled with basiscally any other food stuff. My favourate is Mince....Here you go...Who know what I will bring out tmrw...Vetkoek Recipe
Submitted by South African Foodies


Ingredients:
500ml Cake Flour
20ml Baking Powder
3ml Salt
15-30ml Melted Butter or cooking oil
1 Egg
250ml Buttermilk
Cooking Oil for deep frying

Method:
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt together
- Beat butter, egg and buttermilk together. Now add this to the flour mixture & stir.
- The dough should have a spongy texture that drips easily off a spoon.
- Half fill a large pot with cooking oil and heat until it bubbles.
- Place spoonfuls of dough into the hot oil
- Deep fry for a few minutes and then turn and fry them until Golden Brown
- Remove when cooked and drain on paper towelling.
- Allow to cool slightly before eating.

Later,
Rico

No comments:

Post a Comment